Our patients love us
Our family has been going here for years and will continue to do so.
Great place. Dr Settle is amazing and all the girls are awesome.
Everyone is so kind and helpful. I'm always very comfortable.
Dr.Settle is the finest dentist in all of Southern Illinois!!!
Always fast and friendly, with a great staff who cares about you.
Settle Dental Group - General & Cosmetic Dentistry
Settle Dental group is located in Marion, Illinois. We provide the best quality dental care in a pleasant and friendly environment.
A first time visit to Settle Dental Group will include a comprehensive exam, X-rays, and a cleaning. If an established patient has a dental emergency, please call the office for an appointment during regular working hours. If it is after hours, please leave a message and someone will get back with you on the next working day.
Our services include:
- Preventive Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Removable Prosthetics
Meet Our Team
Dr. Justin Settle
Dr. Settle is a native to Southern Illinois. He grew up in Herrin, Illinois where he was first introduced to the dental field through his father’s dental laboratory. Dr. Settle did his undergraduate work at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Physiology in 2000. He then went to Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine in Alton, Illinois earning his Doctor of Dental Medicine in 2005.
He is a member several professional dental organizations that include the American Dental Association, Illinois State Dental Society, and Southern Illinois Dental Society. Also, Dr. Settle has done humanitarian work in Jamaica on three separate occasions. Through the Dental Humanitarian Mission, Dr. Settle provided free dental care and education in rural schools and health clinics in Jamaica.
Dr. Settle lives in Crab Orchard with his wife, Brynne, two daughters, Ava and Josey, and son Coy. When Dr. Settle is not working in the dental office, he devotes his other time to working on his farm raising black Angus cattle. Dr. Settle feels that it is vital to build a foundation of trust with his patients by treating them as special individuals. He understands how uneasy some patients may feel about their dental visits, and how we he can make a difference by providing a relaxing and positive experience. He is dedicated to providing every patient with excellent, personalized care and service.
Dr. Ethan Grounds
Dr. Travis Cripps
Office Manager/Dental Assistant
Dental Hygienist & Assistant
Our Patients Love Us
Took my son for this first visit today and he was very nervous. He even teared up walking in the room. Everyone was so nice and calming. He got to talk and get used to the room and what was going to happen and his nervousness went away. VERY pleased!!!
Just wanted to let everyone know that Dr. Settle was able to really help me out in an emergency! I will recommend him to everyone.
Dr. Settle and his staff are awesome! For years I have been terrified to go to the dentist. After my first visit with Dr. Settle, I knew everything was going to be fine. After three visits my teeth look amazing. I would recommend Dr. Settle and his gals to anyone looking for a dentist.
Dr. Settle and his staff are wonderful! We have tried other local dentist offices and there's just no comparison.
He is great with the kids and love his girls at the office. They are all so sweet.
I can not say enough about Dr. Settle and his staff! They have changed the way I feel about going to dentist. From my very first visit they went above and beyond to unsure I had a pain and anxiety free visit. Exceptional!
Never thought I would be "happy" about anything dental but very much so with Dr. Settle and staff. You won't be told you need thousands of dollars in unnecessary dental work here and you WILL get a professional, courteous, friendly staff who will give you excellent care.
Dr. Settle and his staff are awesome! Very personable people too. I've been to other dentists before and they don't even come close to this service! He did double the work for half of the price!
We want to get to know you personally, understand your dental needs and concerns, and develop a dental care program that meets your individual goals. We are committed to giving you healthy teeth and a bright smile for the rest of your life.
For new patients joining our practice, we recommend a comprehensive exam so we can access your entire dental health. We will take the time to talk to you to find what your wants and needs are first. Then we will look for oral cancer, periodontal disease, as well as chart your existing restorations and any decay present. Our staff will take a complete set of X-rays, which includes a panorex and full mouth set. The comprehensive exam usually takes about 1 1/2 hours.
When a patient goes for a hygiene cleaning, he or she will spend most of the appointment with the dental hygienist. Along with the dentist, the dental hygienist will provide preventative oral care. This includes a detailed teeth cleaning, in which we will clean, polish, and rinse your teeth to remove any tartar and plaque that has built up on the tooth’s surface. The dental hygienist will also teach patients how to maintain good oral health. Our office recommends that patients schedule an cleaning appointment every 6 months.
On our Venus Smile Store, you can order a wide variety of teeth whitening products at your own convenience! All of these products are sold in our office, but we strongly recommend you buy them online through his venus smile store for discounted prices.
The only whitening product we ask you buy in our office is the Venus White Pro. Venus White Pro is the high-performance whitening system specially formulated for simple at-home use. We will create custom-fit trays and determine the right Venus White Pro gel for you. So day or night, your smile will look brighter and more radiant.
General Extractions and Wisdom Teeth Extractions
Tooth extraction is the removal of a tooth from its socket in the bone. An extraction is performed for positional, structural, or economic reasons. Teeth are often removed because they are impacted. Teeth become impacted when they are prevented from growing into their normal position in the mouth by gum tissue, bone, or other teeth. Teeth may also be extracted to make more room in the mouth prior to straightening the remaining teeth or because they are so badly positioned that straightening is impossible.
Extraction may be used to remove teeth that are so badly decayed or broken that they cannot be restored. Wisdom teeth are molars found in the very back of your mouth. These teeth usually appear in late teens or early twenties but may become impacted (fail to erupt) due to lack of room in the jaw or angle of entry. When a wisdom tooth is impacted, it may need to be removed. If it is not removed, you may develop gum tenderness, swelling, or even severe pain. Impacted wisdom teeth that are partially or fully erupted tend to be quite difficult to clean and are susceptible to tooth decay, recurring infections, and even gum disease.
A dental filling is a type of restorative dentistry treatment used to repair minimal tooth fractures, tooth decay or otherwise damaged surfaces of the teeth. When a patient needs a filling a composite is used to restore the function, integrity, and appearance of missing tooth structure.
Dentures, also known as false teeth, are prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth, and which are supported by surrounding soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity. Settle Dental Group offers complete dentures for patients. These are full dentures that are worn by patients who are missing all of the teeth in a single arch (i.e. the maxillary (upper) or mandibular (lower) arch).
Dentures can help patients through:
- Mastication as chewing ability is improved by replacing edentulous areas with denture teeth.
- Aesthetics because the presence of teeth provide a natural facial appearance, and wearing a denture to replace missing teeth provides support for the lips and cheeks and corrects the collapsed appearance that occurs after losing teeth.
- The improvement of pronunciation of those words containing sibilants or fricatives by replacing missing teeth, especially the anteriors enabling patients to speak better.
A partial is a dental prosthetic (artificial tooth or teeth) that can be removed from the mouth somewhat like an orthodontic retainer. Partials are sometimes referred to as RPDs (removable partial dentures). Most partials work in a similar way: Artificial teeth are placed on a molded base to which metal clasps are added. The clasps look like small hooks and fit around the existing teeth situated on either side of the missing tooth or teeth. The base, typically an acrylic tinted pink to look like flesh, rests on the gums (and the roof of the mouth for upper teeth). The clasps and base stabilize the prosthetic, helping to hold the teeth in place.
A root canal is a dental procedure to fix a tooth by removing the pulp chamber of the tooth and filling it with a suitable filling material. A root canal is usually performed when the tooth cannot be filled or restored any other way because the decay has reached the nerve of the tooth or the tooth has become infected.
Dental veneers are a form of cosmetic dentistry in which a shell or layer of tooth-colored porcelain or composite is placed over the facial surfaces of your teeth to correct worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, discoloration and chips or cracks. Veneers create bright, white smiles with beautifully aligned, shapely teeth, they also protect the surface of damaged teeth and may eliminate the need for more extensive treatments. Other benefits of veneers include durability, an improved smile appearance, and the need for little-to-no removal of tooth structure compared to crowns.
Componeer are a completely new class of veneers. With Componeer, quality aesthetic restoration of anterior teeth can be performed in just a single session. They are manufactured industrially from highly filled nanohybrid-composite which ensures excellent homogeneity and stability of the enamel shells. The extremely thin veneer coatings from 0.3 mm allow a high level of conservation of hard tooth substance during preparation. The shiny and naturally designed surface adds a look of vitality to the restoration.
Advantages for the patient:
- beautiful teeth after only ONE visit
- reduced treatment stress
- high level of conservation of tooth substance
- customized solution
- high surface and edge quality
- more economical than indirect solutions
Crowns and Bridges
Dental crowns and bridges are prosthetic devices that replace missing teeth or part of a tooth. Crowns and bridges are created to restore a tooth’s appearance, structure, or function.
Crowns are intended to repair damage to individual teeth. They replace tooth structure lost by decay or injury, protect the part of the tooth that remains, and restore the tooth’s shape and function. Dr. Settle offers both porcelain and cubic zirconium crowns.
Bridges fill in a space in the jaw left by a missing tooth or teeth. They protect the shape of the mouth and restore function of the teeth and jaw.
Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles utilizes specialized clear braces to gently straighten and align teeth in an average time of just six months through the revolutionary combination of proven orthodontic techniques, modern materials, and innovative thought.
Six Month Smiles has taken the best aspects of braces and modified the treatment and the materials to give adults a common-sense, cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle. Here is what makes Six Month Smiles so innovative:
- Average treatment times of only six months
- Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok® clear brackets and tooth-colored wires are barely visible
- Use of braces has shown to provide the most conservative and predictable final result
- Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kits™ ensure that your appointments are fast and comfortable
- Low forces and short overall orthodontic treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene
- Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers
From the moment you step into our practice, until the moment you complete treatment, we want you to be comfortable and relaxed.
Making an investment in your dental health and the health of your family provides the foundation for a better quality of life. A beautiful smile and healthy mouth provide lifelong benefits — improving your overall health, confidence and self-esteem.
For your convenience, we accept the following forms of payment:
- Debit Cards
- Credit Cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.
Settle Dental Group does not do any type of payment plan, however, we do offer Care Credit for anyone that would need to make payments. Please visit Care Credit’s website for more information at Carecredit.
All patients are required payment in full at the time of service. If there is any dental insurance to bill , we will bill your insurance for you. However, your portion that the insurance is estimated to not cover, will be due at the time of service.
Total bill: $100.00
Insurance Estimated portion: $50.00
Patient Portion due today: $50.00
Settle Dental Group is a participating provider for Delta Dental Insurance, as well as CIGNA Dental, but not for any other insurance company. Our office will submit your claim to your insurance carrier and will bill the insurance company. For example, if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield, MetLife, or any other insurance company, Settle Dental Group will take care of the all claims and the billing process.
The best way to take full advantage of your dental coverage is to understand its features. Our best advice is to read your benefits information before coming to our office.We understand that dental insurance coverage can be confusing, so please call our office with any questions regarding insurance. We will make sure to assist you properly with all your dental insurance questions. We will do our best to make sure you have a full understanding of your dental insurance coverage.
In-Office Dental Plan
Welcome to the Settle Dental Group In-Office Dental Discount Plan. This plan was developed especially for patients who do not have dental insurance or whose employer no longer provides it. As regular dental is integral part of your overall health, we have created this plan to support you and your efforts. We hope that you utilize this plan to improve and maintain the oral health for yourself and your family for years to come. Keep in mind that this plan is not dental insurance, but it has a number of great features that are very exciting.
- NO annual maximum benefit
- No waiting periods - Schedule your treatment today!
- No deductibles
- No claim forms or pre-authorizations
- No ID card necessary
- Two routine exams
- Two bitewing X-rays (children) and Four bitewing X-rays (adult)
- Two routine cleanings
- Two topical fluoride application for children up to age 16
- One emergency exam and X-ray
- All eligible dental treatment discounted when paid at full at the time of service.
Payment of enrollment fees initiates coverage. When paid in full, you become eligible for all covered services at a discount. Discounts are listed on the following page.
|Dependents 25 & Under||$300|
How To Enroll
- Complete the Enrollment Application
- Pay the enrollment fee in full to activate membership
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about enrollment, covered services, eligibility, or our office. For additional information, please call our office at (618) 997-6405 or visit our website at www.settledentalgroup.com
Please bring completed applications and enrollment fees to
our office or mail to our address.
Click here to download the application.
Policies and Exclusions
- This plan is only good at Settle Dental Group.
- This in-office discounted plan is not dental insurance.
- To be an independent member, you must be 18 or older and a resident of the state of Illinois.
- Your eligible dependents include your spouse or domestic partner and your children through the age of 25.
- This plan cannot be combined with any other dental insurance.
- This plan cannot be combine with any other offers.
- If the patient has and elects to use dental insurance then insurance plan fees, payments, and deductibles will apply.
- All patients are subject to Settle Dental Group office policies
- All payments are due at the time of service to receive the discount. Any services that are not paid in full at the time of service will be billed at our regular fees.
- Enrollment fees must be paid in full to receive discounts.
- All payments are nonrefundable.
- No refunds will be given if a member an/or spouse or children do not use the plan, relocate, or obtain dental insurance.
- 12-month term is effective from sign up date to renewal date.
- Plans and fees are subject to change yearly.
- No discount will be offered for services requiring a referral to a specialist.
- Referral to a specialist is at discretion of the doctor.
- Should treatment be needed following an injury or 3rd party outside insurance is involved, the discount cannot be used.
- Treatment initiated prior to enrollment is not eligible for discount.
- Prostheses delivered or in-progress treatment completed more than 60 days after termination of coverage is not eligible for discount.
- Treatment fees are guaranteed for 3 months from the date quoted by the office.
- Settle Dental Group reserves the right to discontinue this plan for any member at any time.
- Two no-shows or cancellations without 24-hour notice can lead to you being dropped from this plan without a refund.
- If you choose to extend your payment for treatment by paying through Care Credit, the treatment discount is reduced to 15% due merchant fees.
- Dental products not included.